Maintaining a good relationship requires dedication, respect, acceptance, curiosity of difference (instead of confrontation), as well as creativity, playfulness, desire and the ability to work through difficulties. When issues feel too difficult to resolve, this often results in tension, resentment, betrayal and even unsafety, leading to unhealthy defensive coping strategies and further strain on the relationship.
Through clinically well-tailored couples therapy, we can help you and your partner find your desired way forward. We focus on communication and how to deal with difficulties without avoidant or emotionally heated arguments.
Our goal is to help you set and agree upon goals for an improved, supportive and loving relationship and then work towards it in a non-judgemental, supportive, respectful and creative way. This involves:
- clarifying your individual roles and behavioural contributions,
- inspiring you to both gain a better understanding of the behaviours that might be triggering distress, and
- developing skills to help you regain your harmony.
Our couples therapy services help tackle the big issues facing relationships, including:
- Respect and understanding
- Acceptance of differences
- Individual needs, values & preferences
- Emotional reciprocity
- Sexual intimacy
- Parenting / co-parenting
- Chronic illness
- Emotional Intimacy