The WorkCover system can at times feel overwhelming for those people who find themselves injured at work and unable to return to their usual duties, while undergoing often complex medical procedures on their path of painful recovery. Inspire Mindful Psychology have a team of WorkCover approved Psychologists, both on the Gold Coast and also Australia-wide via Telehealth, who have experience in supporting injured workers through their recovery, manage pain better, as well as navigate the claims process and ultimately return to a desired work environment.
- We can offer psychological counselling services, as well as thorough clinical & neuropsychological assessments and psychotherapy, to support those injured in both work-related physical and psychological injuries and claims.
- We can work with you and assist in identifying and understand the risk factors and barriers to return to activities of daily living and work, whilst also supporting you to best manage and adjust to your injury.
- We can help you clarify your goals and inspire you to peruse them, succeed and return to desired work safely and well motivated.
- We can support you throughout the claims process system.
- We stand by you, while sharing our clinical knowledge with all relevant key stakeholders and working collaboratively with your other treating medical providers.
We are able to directly invoice WorkCover (or any other Insurance company) for your sessions, ensuring there are no out-of-pocket costs for you. In order to do this, we need you to provide us with confirmation that your claim has been approved, and also that it is inclusive of Psychological Services. We need to receive this prior to your initial session.
In Oder to make the Adjustment to Injury Counselling available for you, your Doctor (Specialist and/ or GP) would need to recommend the ‘Adjustment to Injury Counselling’ in writing on your Medical Capacity Certificate and send a copy to both your Insurer and also provide one for our records.
We are able to accept referrals from your Treating Doctor, Insurer, Solicitor, Rehabilitation Provider, and/or Employer, as well as from yourself, the injured worker, who decided to win over a new life challange and take a proactive approach to recovery, following a work-related injury.
If you have been injured at work and require Adjustment to Injury Counselling, or you have a psychological injury claim, we are here to help. Please contact us today to see how we can help support your needs in the best way.